Thursday, January 15, 2009

since I already did a brief description of my city ant the only really interesting thing there is the mountain I think I'll move on to the next thing. My landscape.

I think I'm going to do a small waystation.

It will have 2 or 3 small buildings that are old and maybe partly falling down. They will be made of wood. Off to one side there will be a small platform. 2 steps will lead up to the platform and there will be an old worn (possibly collapsed) bench, (possibly on the platform possibly to one side.) there will be an old road sign off to one side of the platform. the sign will not be readable. Beside the platform will be a set of railroad tracks. Weeds have grown up between the tracks and they are in general disrepair. There may be other unreadable signs possibly a worn road (again overgrown). tumbleweeds and other brush have overgrown the place. It feels empty, dead, and slightly forbidding. Not a place you'd want to stay for to long.

It will not be totally wild west . There will also be otherworldly elements. Kind of "the gunslinger" esk with hints of post-apocalyptic goodness. these will be clear enough that the seen should look slightly wrong as well as otherworldly, but they shouldn't be overly apparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment